- MBBS: Last year merit closed at about 84.9%. So 85%+ should be considered safe. For PCs, the merit is about 2-3% less than open merit.
- BDS: 83.5% + is fine enough for BDS. However the students having 83% also have a chance.
- Bio-Sciences: Students with 75%+ will be able to get in.
- Business Studies: Last year merit of Business Studies closed near 58%, so the merit above 58% is safe for getting admission. However For Economics you need about 60% and for BBA and Bs Accounting and Finance 63% + .
- Engineering: Merit above 65%+ would get you admission in Engineering. The table below will help you in knowing where you stand.These will be the merits in the very last list. In the first list merits would be higher. But many students will leave the seats for other universities like GIKI, PIEAS, UET etc, so merit will fall in second and the next lists. In 2014 There were 8 merit lists.
Field Approximate Minimum aggregate for admissionMechanical Engineering (Islamabad)75.5%Mechanical Engineering (Rawalpindi)74.5%Electrical Engineering (Islamabad)Electrical Engineering (Rawalpindi)73.5%Aerospace Engineering (Risalpur)72%Civil Engineering (Islamabad)71%Chemical Engineering (Islamabad)Mechatronics Engineering (Rawalpindi)Avionics Engineering (Risalpur)70.5%Software Engineering (Islamabad)Mechanical Engineering (Karachi)69%Civil Engineering (Risalpur)Computer Software Engineering (Rawalpindi)67.5%Electrical (Telecom) Engineering (Rawalpindi)67%Mechanical Engineering (Winter Session) (Karachi)Material Engineering (Islamabad)Computer Engineering (Rawalpindi)66.5%Electrical Engineering (Karachi)Computer Science (Islamabad)Environmental Engineering (Islamabad)65%Geo Informatics Engineering (Islamabad)Industrial & Manufacturing Engineering (Karachi)
For Paying cadets, merit is much lower. Students near 110 can also get admission on PC seat. A fellow girl with 112 marks in NET is in EME Electrical on PC seat.
- Architecture: In architecture students are not able to score much higher marks. The highest marks are usually in 120s or 130s. So a result merit of SADA is lower. If you score above 90 in NET for SADA, you have a chance.
- Note: These are neither official nor exact figures. Just an approximate, merit less than the above mentioned percentages might also get you in if the merit falls. So do not lose hope.
Answer: The distribution of seats in NUST, for all the fields, is available on the following link: Distribution of seats in NUST
As soon as we can any confirm update about result or merit lists we will announce it on our Facebook Page. Feel free to ask in case of any issue.