Below are the MCQs of Biology which were added in the test of Nust held in December 2013.
1) Plasma is primarily
2) What is the average life span of Red Blood Cell?
3) Which bryophytes can prepare its own food?
4) Postulates of Cell theory?
5) The skeptical statement under consideration of a scientist is called
6) Which is the largest part of human brain?
7) Number of DNA in carp fish and sheep.
8) Spongilla belongs to which phylum?
9) %weight of DNA in a mammalian cell?
10) %weight of DNA in a bacterial cell?
11) Imperfect fungi reproduce…..
12) Factors of internal environment affected by fluctuation in external environment.
13) Contribution of Linnaeus.
14) Blood group is determined by
a) Mental status
b) Genetic status
15) Total number of muscles in human body?
16) How many apertures are in vertebral colume?
17) Sharks have average length of ……?
18) Which one doesn’t take place during repair of bone
a) Chondrocytes formation
b) Hematoma formation
c) Callus formation
d) Bony callus
19) The most rigid connective tissues are the
20) In human being, body temperature is regulated by which part of the brain
c) Medulla oblongata
21) As human kidney has less than one percent of total body weight and with each cardiac cycle it receive the blood of about
a) 50 %
b) 30 %
c) 20 %
d) 25 %
22) The amount of DNA in human cell by weight
23) Sugar moiety is the polysaccharide of_________?
24) Abortion rate in Down’s syndrome?
25) Scientific name of human being is?
26) Rib nucleoprotein particles are found in???
27) Which one is most primitive?
28) Mitosis in haploid or diploid?
29) In plants Co2 is formed in
30) Ph of sucrase?
31) Ph of pancreatic lipase?
32) Total lipid % in mammalian cell is
33) Which of the following glows in dark?
34) Which one of the following are photosynthetic bacteria?
a) red sulphur bacteria
b) purple sulphur bacteria
c) yellow sulphur bacteria
35) Herpes virus is
a) DNA virus
b) RNA virus
c) mRNA virus
36) Pseudopodia formation for locomotion takes place in which organism?
37) Lifespan of RBCs?
38) Catastrophism was proposed by
39) Strongest connective tissue?
40) Which of the following are the characteristics of mammals?
a) Permanent teeth
b) 4 chambered heart
c) Both a and b
41) Percentage of carbohydrates in mammalian cell is?
42) Most rigid form of connective tissues
43) Cuttle fish belongs to
44) If a cell doesn’t enter G0 phase tell the number of phases between metaphase and G2.
45) Combined percentage of DNA and protein in mammalian cell?
46) Devonian period is from………to………?
47) Amount of DNA in sperm cell and kidney cell?
48) Life begin deep in
b) Hydro thermal vent
49) Viruses are infectious for……..composition?
50) RNA % in bacterial cell?