Foundation University Medical College Admissions 2013-14
1) Programs being offered at FUMC:
FUMC is offering MBBS and BDS for the admissions 2013-14.
2) Who can apply for admission in FUMC?
The admissions in FUMC are open to all the candidates irrespective of the location. The admissions are offered totally on basis of merit.
3) What is eligibility criteria?
There are two categories of admissions:
- Foreign Students
- Pakistani Students
- Having atleast 60% in FSc or equivalent.
- Having atleast 24% aggregate in MCAT or atleast 550 marks in each of three subjects Biology, Chemistry and Physics in SAT-II.
- Those who did not appear in MCAT/SAT can apply on basis of the provincial entry test held by any province of Pakistan.
- FSc (Pre medical) or equivalent with atleast 60% marks
- Appeared in any provincial or federal entry test.
The admissions will start from 31st October 2013. Last date to apply for the admissions is 11th November.
5) What is the Selection procedure?
The final merit is calculated as under:
- Matric or equivalent : 10%
- Fsc or equivalent : 40%
- Entry Test : 50%
There are 150 seats for MBBS and 50 seats for BDS which are divided as follows:
- National seats: 83
- Expatriates / Foreigners 22
- Beneficiaries 45
- National Seats 28
- Expatriates / Foreigners 07
- Beneficiaries 15
Following documents are to be attached with the admission form:
- Attested photocopy of Federal/Provincial Govt. entry test result/roll no. slip of respective province.
- Attested Photocopy of Matric /Equivalent Certificate/Marks Sheet.
- Attested Photocopy of FSc/Equivalent Certificate/Marks Sheet.
- Attested Photocopy of NIC or Form “B” (if NIC not issued) .
- Attested Photocopy of Domicile.
- Candidate applying through downloaded form will forward pay order/Bank Draft for Rs. 2100/- for Pakistani and US$ 55/- for Foreign / Expatriate category
- Certificate from Unit Commander in case of serving personals.
- Attested Photocopy of Pension Book in case of retired personals.
- For Expatriate/Foreign Candidates
- Overseas Employee ID Card of Parent/Guardian (photocopy)
- Passport with valid visa of Parent/Guardian (Photocopy)
- Letter from Employers abroad for Parent/Guardian.
- SAT II / M CAT Examination result of candidate (if required).
- TOFEL/IELTS result of candidate (if required).
The admissions form can be downloaded from the following link:
FUMC admission form
10) What are number of seats for different provinces?
The number of seats for the provinces is not fixed, the national seats will be allotted completely on the basis of merit irrespective of you domicile.
11) What were the closing merits of last year?
FUMC does not upload the aggregates of students, it only uploads the list of selected candidates. The list of candidates selected in the last list for the year 2012 can be obtained from here:
FUMC 2012 merit