In the modern, technological era, besides MBBS and BDS, there are also many fields having degree, honor of “DOCTOR” like Pharm-D, DVM and DPT.
I would like to highlight some important points about DPT:
Q. What is physiotherapy (DPT)?
Physiotherapy is a health care profession which provides services to individuals/population to develop, maintain and restore maximum moments that include movements and function threatened by age, disease, injury and paralysis.
"Physiotherapy is 5 years program neither diploma nor certificate degree."
- Practioner of choice.
- No supervision needed, even in USA 33 states allow direct access and very soon in England limited prescription rights will be given to them.
- A significant change in the scope of practice from dependent to independent practice.
- With the new curriculum physiotherapists are capable to assess, diagnose and treat patients independently and people trust them that they are competent professionals.
- Private independent practice has been improved significance
- Sports physical therapy
- Neuro therapy
- Cardiovascular therapy
- Respiratory therapy
- Speech therapy
- Postural therapy
- Associate professor (A.P)
- Administrative jobs
- Assistant director
- Deputy director and so on
In all universites and medical colleges the admissions in DPT start after atleast 2 weeks of MCAT
Institutes offering DPT
- School of physiotherapy k.e.m.u Lahore.
- Allama iqbal medical college Lahore.
- Mars university Lahore.
- G.C university Faisalabad.
- university of Faisalabad.
- Women institute of medical technology abbot bad
- Quaid-e-azam medical college Bahawalpur.
- ISRA college of rehabilitation sciences ICRS Hyderabad.
- beach-wood college of physiotherapy hayderabad.
- Rifah institute of physical therapy Islamabad
- Rawalpindi medical college Rawalpindi.
- Armed forces post graduate medical college institute Rawalpindi.
- Dow university of health sciences Karachi.
- Jinnah post graduate medical center Karachi.
- school of physiotherapy liquate national hospital Karachi.
- zaiddin university of Karachi.
- Fatima memorial institute of allied health sciences Lahore.
- LMDC school of physiotherapy Lahore
"physiotherapists do all the jobs (examine, prescription, exercise) except surgery."
Often students ask DPT students are really doctors???Yes physiotherapists surely & obviously are doctors, in fact, any person who holds doctorate degree in any subject is called a doctor, not only by holding Mbbs degree one becomes a doctor. Mbbs students are medical doctors & DPT students are Physiotherapy doctors :)
Credits : Sarah Sehar